Friday, June 25, 2010

Who Says You Can't Go Home??

I've been a bad, bad blogger lately...so sorry!

Via an awesome day dream I came up with an insane idea to buy my childhood home. See, my mom lives there alone, while my brother is away at school and my dad lives in an apartment in the same town. Because of this situation, and because my dad still pays for the house and is essentially the repair man, he wants to sell it. I have so many intense emotions even thinking about my childhood home being no more. It actually pains my heart, literally. The memories and years of love in that house are overwhelming. SO I thought me and Nick could possibly buy it?? Crazy, I know! But it's an amazing house. I am a city girl at heart, but I'm also a realist. I will never be able to own an apartment in the city, especially with kids. So many emotions!

I'll get to the good part-- decorating! Although my mom has fantastic taste, it’s not necessarily my taste. I've come up with a couple ideas, starting with the living room, which has a perfectly good maroon rug. Based off that, I've picked out several decor and furniture pieces. Enjoy!

Coral Chair from Pier 1


Floor Lamp from Pier 1


Bronze Chandelier from Z Gallerie




Table Lamp From Pier 1


Throw Pillows from (I think Neiman Marcus)

Throw Pillow (I think from Pier 1)

Faux Fur Throw Pillow from (I think IKEA)
Coffee Table from Bed, Bath & Beyond


Glass Tile to retile the fireplace, from Home Depot


Faux Fur Sheepskin Rug from IKEA

No comments:

Post a Comment