Thursday, April 1, 2010

Po, it ain't just a river in Italy

It's no secret that Po is one of my favorite restaurants in New York City. Located on Cornelia St right off of Bleeker, the location is ideal. Just yesterday, when I arrived a bit early for my reservation, I walked around and admired the secret streets of Greenwich Village that you have to be ancient or a millionaire to live on. But a restaurant is nothing without food, and I swear to you, Po doesn’t not disappoint. My usual, White Bean Raviolis, is just the perfect sized plate of luscious thin ravs, engulfed in this fantastic balsamic vinager sauce. Last night, as the menu changed a bit and featured more spring-ish dishes (is that a word?) I ventured away from the comforts of a dish that never fails and tried their pappardelle with sweet pea and mint Parmigiano. WHAT? Amazing. The pasta itself was so light and fresh. You never leave feeling like you’re going to explode from being full, nothing it too heavy or weights you down. The atmosphere is really causual and friendly, yet it could be romantic (I imagine, I only go with my Dad…). The staff is so great and accommodating. I’m addicted :)




Photo by Robert K. Chin (obtained from NYMag.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment