Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bikram Yoga Challenge

Regarding the gym, I’ve always been a glutton for punishment. Since I joined the gym (seriously) my senior year of college I often push myself beyond comfort and end up feeling very satisfied. It all started with my first Spin class. Not knowing how grueling it would be, me and Roe decided we’d get Rosella’s Pizza after (our fav). Forty Five minutes later we were def NOT going to Rosella's and were begging our instructor Cliff for a secret remedy to rid of us the pain and exhaustion we were suffering. It was then I realized I was in love with Spin. For the first time in a while I had felt proud of myself. The two years prior to this Spin class had been turbulent for me (to say the least) and I’d plagued my body with toxins of all kinds. Spin challenged me, and as cheesy as it sounds, I felt like I could do anything after I’d mastered this class.

Four years later I am engaging in a new physical challenge, Bikram Yoga. The room is heated to 105 degrees and involves 26 postures. The real challenge for me at this beginning stage is the heat. It’s thick and muggy in the room, and if you get distracted you can forget to breathe. Also, the sweat pouring out everywhere can be distracting, but the more you wipe it away, the hotter you get. I’m looking forward to improving at this new art form and improving my flexibility (which is one of my main objectives). I’m also looking forward to (in true Lindsey fashion) buying some hot ass yoga gear. See below.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Forever21 Sports Bra
My Nikes... LOVE.
Modells Tie Dye Yoga Mat

Forever 21 Short Shorts
Need to drink Coconut water to refuel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment